Planet Earth has six continents, which are divided by the oceans. These serve for a better understanding of the planet. Find out what these continents are, their territorial extensions, the number of countries and the population.
Continents are the separations made by men for a better territorial understanding of Planet Earth.
The continents are separated by oceans. This today, because approximately 400 million years ago there was only one continent. This was called ” Pangea “.
See the image below: The tectonic plates caused the Pangeia to be divided into six parts. Therefore, today our planet has six continents, being these: Asia, America, Africa, Antarctica, Europe and Oceania.
Learn more about the continents of Planet Earth:
The Asia is om aior continent of Earth, with about 45 million square kilometers. In addition, it also has the largest population, estimated at 4.5 billion people. In Asia, the highest point in the world is found, Mount Everest, with 8,848m high. The continent has 53 countries.
List of countries in Asia:
The America is the second largest continent in the world, with a total area of 42 million square kilometers. Its population is estimated at 1 billion inhabitants. This is generally divided into three parts, North, Central and South America. There is also a separation like Anglo-Saxon America and Latin America. The continent has 35 countries.
List of countries in North America:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
In the colonial period from the beginning of the 1500-t. until 1821, Central America constituted the administrative unit of Guatemalan Statehood, the Capitanía General, consisting of Chiapas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica as listed on Countryaah. Panama, which first became an independent nation in 1903 in connection with the construction of the Panama Canal, was part of Colombia. After the detachment from Spain, the region was part of the short-lived Mexican Iturbide empire (1821-23). After that, the countries formed a federal republic with the exception of Chiapas, who chose to remain part of Mexico. The federal republic lasted until 1838. Since then, the countries have been independent republics with considerable reliance on the great powers that have been interested in the area as the narrowest passage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
Britain had Belize (British Honduras) as a colony until 1964, when it gained internal autonomy. Belize became independent in 1981.
In the 1870s, liberal reforms were implemented that limited the Catholic Church’s economic and political power and brought about some modernization of the state apparatus. During the same period, the American banana companies established themselves in the region and played a major role both economically and politically. They had interests in railways, telegraphs, telephone, electricity and banks.
In the mid-1800s. was a coffee production established in Costa Rica, El Salvador and Guatemala.
With the exception of Costa Rica, the region has been plagued by dictatorships, civil wars and military intervention by the United States. Already in the mid-1800s. Nicaragua was occupied by William Walker, an adventurer who, with the support of American businessmen, proclaimed himself President of the country. There has been US military presence in Nicaragua from 1909 and support for the Somozad dictatorship 1934-79 when the Sandinists took power. In the following decade, the United States supported the so-called contra in their war against the Sandinists.
In 1954, the United States, symbolically supported by Nicaragua and Honduras, invaded Guatemala and deposed President Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán.
During the Cold War and with Cuba’s dependence on the Soviet Union, the conflicts in Central America for the United States became part of the confrontation between the two superpowers, although the conflicts and the civil wars were also largely due to the poor internal economic, social and political conditions under which the majority of the population lived.. During the 1990s, the region succeeded in pacifying. The armed conflicts have ended, but the social problems remain unresolved.
List of countries in South America:
The Africa is the continent with the highest number of ethnic groups in the world. Before Europeans, the continent had more than two thousand different civilizations. Its total area is 30 million km² and its population is estimated at 1.2 billion people. The continent has 54 countries.
List of countries in Africa:
Also known as the South Pole, Antarctica is the fourth largest continent in the world, with approximately 14 million km². Its territory is divided among several countries, which constitute several bases for carrying out scientific research. The continent has several tracts of land, the opposite of what people believe. In addition, there is life in the territory. As an example, penguins.
The Europe is the continent most politically important of the world, although not the greatest. This is because, through it, various political, economic, cultural and social ideals in various territories were influenced. Just like science, since the best known philosophers are Greek. The continent has about 10 million km² in territory and at least 800 million inhabitants. Europe has 49 countries.
List of countries in Europe:
The Oceania was the last place on Earth to be colonized. For this reason, it is known as “brand new world” by Europeans. Its territory has about 8 million km², mostly formed by groups of islands. Its population is estimated at approximately 40 million people. The continent has 14 countries.
List of countries in Oceania:
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
The 50 countries with the most internet users in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of Internet users|
|1||United States of America (North America)||208,430,000|
|2||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||132,700,000|
|6||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||33,140,000|
|7||Great Britain (Europe)||26,457,000|
|8||Brazil (South America)||26,010,000|
|11||Canada (North America)||22,710,000|
|13||Mexico (North America)||20,600,000|
|23||Argentina (South America)||8,100,000|
|31||Chile (South America)||4,914,000|
|33||Colombia (South America)||4,780,000|
|37||South Africa (Africa)||4,270,000|
|38||Czech Republic (Europe)||4,240,000|
|39||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||3,930,000|
|42||Hong Kong (Asia)||3,590,000|
|43||Peru (South America)||3,590,000|
|48||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||2,590,000|
- Holidays in Finland May 20, 2022 - Finland is an amazing northern country with a developed infrastructure, ideal for both winter and summer holidays, especially in nature. Holidays in Finland can be very interesting and varied. Advantages and disadvantages Advantages Proximity to… Continue Reading
- Helsinki, Finland May 13, 2022 - Where to relax in Finland, if not in Helsinki - the capital, political and cultural center of the country, a truly amazing city. Andyeducation: Introduction to education system in Finland, including compulsory schooling and higher… Continue Reading
- Russia Attractions May 6, 2022 - The Volga The Volga is one of the most important Russian traffic routes. A river trip from Kazan to Rostov-on-Don is particularly recommended, but other cities on the Volga are also served on cruises and… Continue Reading
- Brunei Geography and Climate May 1, 2022 - Brunei is a small but very rich country in Southeast Asia. Brunei's riches come from oil and gas available on site. The country is divided into two parts and is located on the northwest coast… Continue Reading
- Sights of Belize April 22, 2022 - According to calculatorinc, Belize is home to a natural wonder of all Central America, discovered in 1972 by Jacques-Yves Cousteau, which he made one of the top ten dive sites in the world. This is… Continue Reading
- Tours to the Seychelles April 15, 2022 - Enjoyment of natural beauties, snow-white shores, bordered by velvety granite rocks and rustling palm trees on one side and turquoise, transparent to the very bottom, waters of the Indian Ocean on the other, slopes of… Continue Reading
- Climate of Australia April 8, 2022 - Australia's climate makes it an attractive holiday destination throughout the year, but keep in mind that the seasons in Australia are the opposite of those in the northern hemisphere. The major southern cities are located… Continue Reading
- Khajuraho, India April 1, 2022 - KAJURAHO Khajuraho is a small city in Madhya Pradesh. The name of the city was given by date palms (Kajura), in the thickets of which the pearl of world architecture, the temple complex of Khajuraho,… Continue Reading
- Malawi Description March 25, 2022 - Rest in Malawi, in the heart of hot Africa, attracts with the beauty of picturesque landscapes, unique natural complexes and amazing vegetation, and especially with almost half a thousand collection of beautiful orchids. Tours to… Continue Reading
- Australia Tourist Information March 18, 2022 - If you have been to different countries and think that nothing will surprise you, then Australia is exactly the country that will win your heart and leave unforgettable impressions for a lifetime. Unique wealth of… Continue Reading