Planet Earth has six continents, which are divided by the oceans. These serve for a better understanding of the planet. Find out what these continents are, their territorial extensions, the number of countries and the population.
Continents are the separations made by men for a better territorial understanding of Planet Earth.
The continents are separated by oceans. This today, because approximately 400 million years ago there was only one continent. This was called ” Pangea “.
See the image below: The tectonic plates caused the Pangeia to be divided into six parts. Therefore, today our planet has six continents, being these: Asia, America, Africa, Antarctica, Europe and Oceania.
Learn more about the continents of Planet Earth:
The Asia is om aior continent of Earth, with about 45 million square kilometers. In addition, it also has the largest population, estimated at 4.5 billion people. In Asia, the highest point in the world is found, Mount Everest, with 8,848m high. The continent has 53 countries.
List of countries in Asia:
The America is the second largest continent in the world, with a total area of 42 million square kilometers. Its population is estimated at 1 billion inhabitants. This is generally divided into three parts, North, Central and South America. There is also a separation like Anglo-Saxon America and Latin America. The continent has 35 countries.
List of countries in North America:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
In the colonial period from the beginning of the 1500-t. until 1821, Central America constituted the administrative unit of Guatemalan Statehood, the Capitanía General, consisting of Chiapas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica as listed on Countryaah. Panama, which first became an independent nation in 1903 in connection with the construction of the Panama Canal, was part of Colombia. After the detachment from Spain, the region was part of the short-lived Mexican Iturbide empire (1821-23). After that, the countries formed a federal republic with the exception of Chiapas, who chose to remain part of Mexico. The federal republic lasted until 1838. Since then, the countries have been independent republics with considerable reliance on the great powers that have been interested in the area as the narrowest passage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
Britain had Belize (British Honduras) as a colony until 1964, when it gained internal autonomy. Belize became independent in 1981.
In the 1870s, liberal reforms were implemented that limited the Catholic Church’s economic and political power and brought about some modernization of the state apparatus. During the same period, the American banana companies established themselves in the region and played a major role both economically and politically. They had interests in railways, telegraphs, telephone, electricity and banks.
In the mid-1800s. was a coffee production established in Costa Rica, El Salvador and Guatemala.
With the exception of Costa Rica, the region has been plagued by dictatorships, civil wars and military intervention by the United States. Already in the mid-1800s. Nicaragua was occupied by William Walker, an adventurer who, with the support of American businessmen, proclaimed himself President of the country. There has been US military presence in Nicaragua from 1909 and support for the Somozad dictatorship 1934-79 when the Sandinists took power. In the following decade, the United States supported the so-called contra in their war against the Sandinists.
In 1954, the United States, symbolically supported by Nicaragua and Honduras, invaded Guatemala and deposed President Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán.
During the Cold War and with Cuba’s dependence on the Soviet Union, the conflicts in Central America for the United States became part of the confrontation between the two superpowers, although the conflicts and the civil wars were also largely due to the poor internal economic, social and political conditions under which the majority of the population lived.. During the 1990s, the region succeeded in pacifying. The armed conflicts have ended, but the social problems remain unresolved.
List of countries in South America:
The Africa is the continent with the highest number of ethnic groups in the world. Before Europeans, the continent had more than two thousand different civilizations. Its total area is 30 million km² and its population is estimated at 1.2 billion people. The continent has 54 countries.
List of countries in Africa:
Also known as the South Pole, Antarctica is the fourth largest continent in the world, with approximately 14 million km². Its territory is divided among several countries, which constitute several bases for carrying out scientific research. The continent has several tracts of land, the opposite of what people believe. In addition, there is life in the territory. As an example, penguins.
The Europe is the continent most politically important of the world, although not the greatest. This is because, through it, various political, economic, cultural and social ideals in various territories were influenced. Just like science, since the best known philosophers are Greek. The continent has about 10 million km² in territory and at least 800 million inhabitants. Europe has 49 countries.
List of countries in Europe:
The Oceania was the last place on Earth to be colonized. For this reason, it is known as “brand new world” by Europeans. Its territory has about 8 million km², mostly formed by groups of islands. Its population is estimated at approximately 40 million people. The continent has 14 countries.
List of countries in Oceania:
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
The 50 countries with the most internet users in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of Internet users|
|1||United States of America (North America)||208,430,000|
|2||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||132,700,000|
|6||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||33,140,000|
|7||Great Britain (Europe)||26,457,000|
|8||Brazil (South America)||26,010,000|
|11||Canada (North America)||22,710,000|
|13||Mexico (North America)||20,600,000|
|23||Argentina (South America)||8,100,000|
|31||Chile (South America)||4,914,000|
|33||Colombia (South America)||4,780,000|
|37||South Africa (Africa)||4,270,000|
|38||Czech Republic (Europe)||4,240,000|
|39||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||3,930,000|
|42||Hong Kong (Asia)||3,590,000|
|43||Peru (South America)||3,590,000|
|48||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||2,590,000|
- Riverside – Orange Metropolis in Southern California August 12, 2022 - Back then, more precisely in 1871, three orange trees were planted in a small settlement in California. Today, less than 150 years later, this plantation in Riverside has become an industry that has brought a… Continue Reading
- El Paso – a Lively Piece of Mexico in Texas August 5, 2022 - If you like killing two birds with one stone, El Paso is the place for you. This town in the southwest of Texas adjacent to Mexico - and this is reflected in the everyday urban… Continue Reading
- Ajman, United Arab Emirates July 29, 2022 - This small and modest emirate, bordering Sharjah, is located in the central part of the western coast of the United Arab Emirates. According to getzipcodes, the Emirate of Ajman is located on the coast of… Continue Reading
- District of Columbia July 22, 2022 - Administrative entity and capital of the United States of America, located at the junction of the Potomac and Anacostia rivers, and borders the states of Maryland and Virginia. The city of Washington was founded in… Continue Reading
- What to See in Darwin and Sydney (Australia) July 15, 2022 - Darwin (Australia) Just as St. Petersburg has become a window to Europe for Russia , Darwin has become a real "window to Asia" for Australia. Despite its relatively young age (Darwin was founded in 1869… Continue Reading
- Vladimir, Russia July 8, 2022 - Vladimir is one of the main cities of the Golden Ring. It is located 190 km northeast of Moscow and is the center of the Vladimir region. The official date of foundation of the city… Continue Reading
- Gijon, Asturias (Spain) July 1, 2022 - The port city of Gijon is located on the coast of the Bay of Biscay in the central part of the coast of the autonomous region of Asturias, 20 km north of Oviedo. In the… Continue Reading
- Samara, Russia June 24, 2022 - According to cancermatters, Samara is located in the Middle Volga region on the left bank of the Volga River at the confluence of the Samara River. It is one of the largest industrial, cultural and… Continue Reading
- Travel to Maldives June 17, 2022 - Attractions Maldives The Maldives is widely known for its resorts, each of which is a unique world surrounded by pure golden sands. This is a place "at the end of the world", where there is… Continue Reading
- General Information About Thailand June 10, 2022 - GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION According to aparentingblog, the Kingdom of Thailand, in the Thai language Prathet Thai, is a state in Southeast Asia, located on the peninsulas of Indochina and Malacca, washed by the Andaman Sea and… Continue Reading